Saturday, September 10, 2005

We're having a great time!!

When I laid with Chloe on the cozy bed of our five star hotel I started to cry knowing that the first eight months were quite different. I can't even imagine her precious angelic head laying on a hard wooden crib with no mattress nor soft comforter. Even better than being in a luxurious hotel, she was finally in the loving arms of the parents God had prepared for her.

This afternoon we experienced Li Wan Plaza which is a pedestiran mall with elements of old Guangzhou. It was a parking lot of people. WOW!! There were so many people I felt a bit claustrophobic. Certainly was not a great place to have a stroller as I had to fight my way to move two feet. Using strollers in such a densely packed place isn't such a great idea -- next time we'll just carry her and take along a small backpack.

At the end of Li Wan Plaza, we wandered into the jade market which was beyond our imagination and such a sight to see. I was in shopping paradise!! Jade, collage elements, old photos, coins, beads, pearls...and of course fabulous photo ops. I was in shopping heaven. And best of all, Chloe is such an easy shopping companion. What a delight.